Monday, June 29, 2009

A Watched Pot Never Boils

...I know, I know, Mom! I just can't help but count down the days until D-Day (delivery day). (11 days and counting)! I think that God designed pregnancy to become unbearable in the last weeks leading up to delivery, so that labor actually sounds do-able. I'm saying to God, "Bring it." And then I hear a voice that says, "Uh oh, Chrissie, be careful what you wish for!"

Eric is so sweet and patient. He's put up with my mood swings - one minute laughing, the next crying just because I chipped my toe nail polish. What is up with that?

I have been given a doctor's note to work from home. I feel kind of like a weakling...thinking that I should be able to work right up until Baby O decides to come. (I will be working, but with my swollen feet and cankles up in the air). With this pregnancy, God is reminding me that my plans are completely independent of His plans!!! Why can't I get that through my head?

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there friend. I am right there with you :) Thinking about you as you near the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are blogging. I can't wait to meet your little one! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so glad you are at home!! you are beginning a new journey of life where life is constantly out of your hands! but it is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies! I think I'm really going to like being a blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts while you're here!